Customer satisfaction impacts tremendously on the success of your company. A low level of satisfaction means that customer retention and loyalty rates are likely to be poor. This is also a sign of bad customer service – a major issue costing companies up to $62 billion a year. No matter how fantastic the product is or how professional the team are, the direct experience they have with your company is one of the aspects that consumers are most likely to remember.
Here at 3rd Arm Admin, we strongly believe that improving customer satisfaction and customer relationships is one of, if not the most important factor in a successful business. Following are some tips of how to improve your customer service, and build that business to customer relationship:
Seek Customer Feedback
To deliver outstanding customer service, you first need to consider your customers’ desires, perceptions, and points of pain. To do so, you must ensure that they have several opportunities to communicate their feedback with you. You can do so by telephone surveys or by submitting a feedback form via email. Apart from surveys, you can also set up a feedback programme that will allow your customers to raise any issues or give useful feedback.
There are many important benefits to connecting with your customers to gather feedback. Firstly, it makes them feel you value them and are willing to resolve their problems and secondly, it allows you as a business to work on and resolve any issues that may be hindering the success of your business.
Build a Customer Focused Team Culture
- Focus the staff on achieving excellent customer satisfaction rates.
- Ensure the work responsibilities are well defined and customer focused. As a result, staff leaders will see how they relate to the wider vision and objectives of customer service.
- Assess the success of team leaders against consistently and efficiently providing excellent customer support
- Define what excellent customer service looks like for your company. For example, what does it look like, sound like, feel like etc.
Understand Customer Needs
The more you get to know your clients, the more likely you can recognise the needs and expectations of the customers. Therefore, give some consideration to:
- What do we currently know about the individual customer as of now?
- How valuable is this information?
- Will any other information be helpful for us, so that we can properly align their needs to our products and services?
- Who else has insights about our customers that could help us? For example, there might be long-serving team members that have deep client connections and relationships which can allow us to shed more insights.
We’ve linked a great, short video to re-iterate our thought on just why “Good customer service is king”
We pride ourselves on delivering great customer service and can assist you with bookkeeping, payroll or virtual administration. If you’d like to find out more about what we can do please give us a call on 04 2329199 or leave your details below and we will be in touch.